Hello everyone, my name is Pierre-Francois Houessou and I am a seven years on-prem infrastructure administrator. I have worked in industries such as global NGOs and government.
In the seven years of my IT career, I have been primarily focused in operations, break/fix and administration of desktops, servers, networks and storage systems. Most of my career, I have specialized in Windows administration on servers and Microsoft 365 workloads.
In 2019, I was given the opportunity to work on migrating users to Exchange online, OneDrive and SharePoint. I was so excited passionate about the thing that I even became the POC for M365 workloads in my team. I eventually got M365 certified Enterprise Administrator Expert.
In early 2020, with the pandemic requiring us to work from home, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and explore more cloud related services - not only SaaS. I started learning AWS and quite liked it. I got certified AWS CCP and AWS Solutions Architect Associate and I spend most of my free time learning cloud engineering and doing labs. You can find my work in the Projects section.
I am currently looking for opportunities as a Cloud Engineer, Cloud Administrator or Cloud Solutions Architect, so if my profile inspires you, feel free to refer me or contact me for job opportunities.
I also build and fly FPV drones as a hobby.
Cotonou, Benin | I am currently relocating to Canada
Cloud Engineer• March 2020 - Present
- Build and deploy serverless web applications on AWS
Took advantages of the AWS Serverless Application Model SAM Framework to deploy 100% serverless backend services - API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS and Cognito.
Deployment pipeline with GitHub repository and GitHub Actions - Build, test and deploy using Docker containers.
Monitoring enabled through CloudWacth metrics and Logs.
- WordPress websites hosting on AWS
Core infrastructure components deployed using CloudFormation stacks – VPC, Subnets, Security Groups.
EC2 instances are targets for one autoscaling Group which scales out/in based on CloudWatch metrics for the ALB (heath checks) and a predefined load of the overall EC2 fleet.
RDS instances deployed with primary and read replicas across multiple availability zones.
Monitoring enabled using CloudWatch Metrics and Logs.
- Event triggered application to run ETL jobs for data analytics
Backend service deployed using the SAM Framework: Lambda for data manipulation and DynamoDB for data storage, SNS triggers by DynamoDB streams when new data is added, Processed data queried using Athena.
AWS QuickSight for real-time data analytics.
- Improving application performance with ElastiCache for Redis
Deployed a Redis cluster for data caching to improve the performance of a web application relying on RDS PostgreSQL.
Systems Administrator • October 2017 - Present
- System administration, maintenance and support - Active Directory, Exchange, M365, SharePoint, GPO, PowerShell
- Network device health monitoring - VMware hosts & VMs, Storage, CPU, RAM, PowerShell scripts for device health check
- Application management - Microsoft SQL databases management, Enterprise Apps, Google Suite, CRM
- Mobile device management - Microsoft Intune and VMware AirWatch
- Customer service - Digital solutions approach to confront customers' needs, Technical trainings to users, IT Service management with ServiceNow
IT Operations Assistant (Team Lead)• November 2015 - September 2017
- Managed IT infrastructure for misison critical business services in a 24/7 envirenment - Windows servers, Active Directory, Exchange, MySQL databases, Network and IP phones
- Forecasted project costs maintaining budget deviation of no more than +/- 5 percent
- Application management and users support - Delivered application oriented hand-son trainings to users
- Collaboration with other UN agences IT staffs in the country for several common projects one of them: Digital Mobile Radio project which consisted of deploying an updated UHF/VHF radios network over IP
- Mobile device management - Intune, Citrix
Master's degree - Informatin Systems, Network and Security • 2014
Assessed by World Education Services WES – ECA #4109960IMM
Modules included: System and Network Administration, System and Network Security, IT System and Services Management & QoS
Those courses aim for a high level of training in methods of conception, design and management: Systems and Networks Architecture, System Security, Optimization and QoS, Systems or Software tools specific to all sectors of activity, thus meeting the needs of fast-growing companies.
I am a daily learner and I make sure to confront my skills with hands-on practical experience. I am currently focusing on cloud services especially AWS and IaC tools.
Create a 100% AWS-hosted version of your resume by implementing appropriate AWS tools, CI/CD with a programming language of your choice - Python in this case.AWS, Python, CI/CD
Create a 100% Azure-hosted version of your resume by implementing appropriate Azure tools, CI/CD with a programming language of your choice - Python in this case.Azure, Python, CI/CD
Automate an Extract-Transform-Load processing pipeline for COVID-19 data using Python and AWS cloud servicesAWS, Python, CI/CD, Event-driven Programming, Serverless, IaC
Improve application performance with Amazon ElastiCache for RedisAWS, Python, ElastiCache, IaC
Build a morden web application on AWS using the Serverless Application Model frameworkAWS, Serverless, Python, Rest API, Lambda
Build and deploy a sample todo app on AWS with Python. The AWS SAM is used to deploy the backend services - API, Lambda, DynamoDB and CognitoAWS, Serverless, Python, SAM